Saturday, September 17, 2011

Walk With Me

I’ve been running for the past four years of my life. I’ve lived in 3 different states, 6 different cities and 20 different houses/apartments. The only thing that has seemed to stay steady is 1 out of the 15 jobs I’ve held. I’m tired of running. I know I’m missing so much out of life. My life seems to be a blur. You know those photographs that most people toss out because you can only make out 1/8 if that of the photo due to quick movements? That’s my life.

I run in every aspect of my life. My jobs are constantly changing because I get bored or need to be doing something different. I can’t seem to finish any of my photography projects that I’ve been starting lately because I get caught up in moving on to the next thing that comes to mind. I run in my relationships. I dive in head first and come out stumbling. My thoughts are overwhelming because I can’t focus on one thing at a time. For any of you that know me, you can attest to that. I hate sitting still because I’m antsy all the time to be doing something, anything… but being still…

So my goal… Not to be still but to learn to walk. One day I may be able to be still but for now I’m shooting for walking. So walk with me on this journey as I try to discover my soul and learn who I am without running.

No comments:

Post a Comment