Saturday, September 17, 2011

Those “little” comments

Ms. {V} is a cute little lady that more times than not I see sleeping at the BOL building. She came up to me today while I was outside with the canveses to ask if I was one of the artists who was covering paintings a few days ago. I responded with yes ma’am. She went on to ask how we did the paintings. I told her about throwing paint with the forks and paint brushes to which she enthusiastically responded with, well I could be an artist then! I quickly responded you are an artist! She then continued on to say “I remember my first painting. I was in kindergarten and had painted a beautiful field with some beautiful flowers, I thought. I took it up to my teacher to show her and she responded with “hmmm” and turned her head. That was the end of my art career.”

It’s sad how impacted we all are as human beings by the statements that we hear so early on in life. Even the littlest comments wreck our brains later and are eventually turned in to more negative thoughts than the original comment was intended to be. Please think twice when making these “little” comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment