Sunday, November 13, 2011

Changes

I've been a little preoccupied lately trying to get everything in order with my photography. . . I launched a new website, check it out. www.KatherineJosephPhotography.com as well as a photography blog www.KatherineJosephPhotography.com/blog!

I've also been house hunting (with no success) as well as job hunting which I will find out on Tuesday if it is a success or not! I'm so very happy about this potential job. It's at one of those paint and sip wine classes. It's completely contract work so my pay will depend on the popularity of my paintings, which hopefully is a good thing.

I've rediscovered my love for painting these past two weeks. Friends have always told me they love my work but lately I haven't been feeling too inspired. I'm not saying I need people to tell me they love my paintings either because my art is for me really, self expression. For my interview I had to bring in samples of my work to show and meet the studio owner and what not. When I arrived she told me she had already looked at my work in loved it but wanted me to show my portfolio to her assistant. I put a slideshow of my work on my laptop and I've never felt better about my work than I did sitting there listening to the two of them oh and ah over my paintings. It was a fabulous feeling. So, I've started painting again. For me. And I absolutely love this piece I created called "Fancy Free".

I'll be hitting the road sooner than planned headed back to SC because if I do get the job it won't start until January and I have some photo sessions planned. I look forward to seeing all of my favorite people in the great state of South Carolina...

No comments:

Post a Comment